Are you a problem solver who likes thinking on their feet, helping rural clients with pumps, milking machines, irrigation systems and engineering? Do you enjoy relationship development and running teams? Apply your knowledge at Farm Supplies Central with a great bunch of technicians and engineers for the benefit of our rural customers.
We are looking for a number of people to cover Milking Machines, Pumps and Engineering. Apply today by sending a brief covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, call into the shop at 55 Thames Street, Rongotea, or call us on 06 324 8426.
Engineer / Pump & Milking Machine Serviceman
Company: Farm Supplies Central Ltd
Type: Full time, permanent
Our Manawatu based company specialises in Milking and Water systems, Rotary Platforms, Pumping Solutions, Farm Dairy Effluent, Irrigation and Fabrication Engineering.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Milking Systems – installation and maintenance
- Milking Platforms / Backing Gates – construction and maintenance
- Pumping Systems – diagnostics, repair and installation
- Fabrication – design, build and installation
- Job management and completion
Your core skills will build to include:
- Great people skills and management
- Good record keeping and client skills
- Experience in milking, pumping, plumbing or electrical industry
- Welding – mild steel, arc, stainless steel, tig
- Mechanical diagnostic and remedy intellect
Personal Attributes include:
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Attention to detail with high standard of finish
- Mechanical aptitude and keen to train and learn new skills.
- Be physically fit
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Excellent customer service attitude
As many of our clients are from the farming industry, a background or strong interest in agriculture would be advantageous.
Wages will be commensurate with skills achieved. This role will appeal to a self-starter with a clean driver’s licence and strong understanding of health and safety practices. After a training period, you must be available to work on a rotating “on-call” roster.